International Student Information
At St. Monica Catholic High School, all are welcome! Guided by gospel values, our school family affirms and respects the dignity of each member of our school community. In collaboration with parents and the parish community, we provide a faith-based education that fosters academic achievement, intellectual curiosity, individual talents, and Christian service.
As a private Catholic school, we are authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant students. We issue I-20 student visas to highly qualified students interested in studying in the United States and who are committed to advancing themselves in a Catholic college preparatory community.
Before You Apply
St. Monica Catholic High School strongly encourages entry into the 9th or 10th grade for international students. Exceptions are made on occasion for well qualified students interested in entering the 11th grade. Please inquire for more information. Strong English skills are required for international applicants.
International Student Application Process:
Please note that we will not be accepting international transfers for Spring 2018
- Application fee of $150.00 must be paid via Credit Card or Cash.
- Grades (translated to English), completed School Report form and Common Evaluation form must be submitted to St. Monica Catholic High School by the current school the applicant is attending. Blank forms can be found at the bottom of this page.
- International students must also submit a TOEFL or TOFEL Jr. score, take the HSPT exam, conduct a Skype interview with a school representative, and submit copies of a passport and bank-verified financial statement.
- Once the above steps have been completed an in-person or Skype interview will be scheduled.
- The completed file will be reviewed by the Admissions committee for final decision.
International students must have proof of suitable living arrangements with a relative or custodial guardian while attending St. Monica Catholic High School. No housing or homestay arrangements will be made or suggested by St. Monica Catholic High School. Students/agencies are not permitted to solicit SMCHS families or parishioners of the St. Monica Catholic Community.Please note, all international students will be held to the same academic standards as domestic students and no accommodations will be made due to language proficiency.
Please contact the Office of Admissions for additional information or to make an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org
or (310) 394-3701 x1305.