Visual and Performing Arts Department Goals and Philosophy
VISUAL AND PERFORMING ARTS DEPARTMENT MISSIONS STATEMENT:
We are a group of individuals who give our time, talents, and efforts in support of the SMCHS community who participate in the Performing Arts Department and their endeavors. We work to support the efforts of the directors, teachers, and students by actively participating in the promotion of performances and programs of the Performing Arts Department.
Visual and Performing Arts Department Wide Goals:
A student who participates in classes or productions in the Visual and Performing Arts Department will be able to...
- Have an understanding and appreciation of Artistic Perception of Art, Dance, Music, and Theatre by developing skills in processing, analyzing, and responding to sensory information through the language and skills of Art, Dance, Music, and Theatre.
- Through active participation and performance, students will learn to create and perform in Art, Dance, Music, and Theatre.
- Through the study of the history and cultural context of art, dance, music, and theatre, students will learn to appreciate the unique role that the arts play in the recording of history and the influence they have played upon our cultural and moral development.
- Through the development of pf skills in performance, students will learn to respond, analyze and critique their (their peers) performance.
- By developing their understanding of music and theatre, students will be able to connect and apply their learning in the arts across all subject areas.