Hope this message finds you enjoying your summer! We are excited to welcome you back to school on August 17th! A PDF version of the school calendar can be found as an attachment below. July’s edition of the Mariner Minute contained important information about a variety of topics, including:
- student schedule pick-up
- student immunization records
- guidance counselor appointments
- summer reading for English classes
- parent volunteer opportunities
- the first day of school
- upcoming meetings and events for parents
For easy access, the Mariner Minute is available in the parent section of the school website and as an attachment below. Weekly editions will resume on August 7th. Please continue to check the homepage of the SMCHS website for the most up-to-date school information.
With the start of school around the corner, I wanted to provide you with a few reminders:
Student schedules (for students not required to enroll in Summer School 2016) will be available from 8:30 AM-3 PM at the Main Office beginning tomorrow, 7/25. Schedules for students required to enroll in Summer School 2016 will become available on 8/3. Please plan on picking up schedules as soon as possible to allow time for course textbooks to be ordered and delivered by the first day of school. The book list is available on the homepage of the school website.
Student schedules may only be picked up if:
- a FACTS account has been created
- current immunization records are on file
- 2 SMCHS Emergency/Contact Information Cards have been turned in
- the MacBook Participation and Financial Agreement has been completed and submitted (freshmen and transfer students only). The form was/will be distributed at incoming parent meetings, is available at the Main Office, or can be accessed as an attachment below.
Some important information about student schedules:
- they are subject to change for a variety of reasons including meeting/not meeting qualifications for a particular course and/or adjustments to balance class size
- in some cases, alternates were used to create a complete schedule. This may have been the result of desired courses being offered at the same time or the desired course not being offered due to a low number of requests.
- class changes will be limited and priority will be given to students whose schedules are incomplete
Please make plans to read the 2016-2017 SMCHS Parent Student Handbook before the first day of school. The appendix contains forms that must be submitted in order for students to begin classes. These required forms, with the exception of the Medication Authorization and Permission Form (accessible as an attachment below), will be completed and signed online through FamilyID. Registration for FamilyID will open on 7/25. Instructions are available in student schedule packets or by clicking on the button below:
The final step in the process of submitting required handbook forms entails the parent and student verifying the authenticity of the electronic signatures provided to FamilyID using the FamilyID Online Signature Authenticity Form (available as an attachment below). Students cannot begin classes until this form and all forms on FamilyID have been completed. Please read, download, sign, and return the FamilyID Online Signature Authenticity Form and the Medication Authorization and Permission Form (if applicable), to the Deans’ Office by August 18, 2016. Please note that some forms on FamilyID will require BOTH a parent and student signature. The title of each document will indicate whose signature is needed. Students must sign all student forms, regardless of their age-please disregard the message under the student signature boxes in FamilyID that states “signatory must be older than 18 years”. Thank you!
May you be rejuvenated by these last few weeks of summer! Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.