St. Monica Catholic High School

Support » Hilton Schoolyard

Hilton Schoolyard


The Marilyn Hawley Hilton Schoolyard

Named by the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation for Marilyn Hawley Hilton, a 1946 graduate of St. Monica Catholic High School, the schoolyard was built on the current paved areas between the two schools and the parish.  It is the largest area of our campus and connects all three St. Monica entities.  This project transformed our parking lot into a beautiful and well-conceptualized schoolyard on weekdays for our 850 students that says to every one of them and to the larger Santa Monica community, "this place matters, this place is special".  A thoughtful and purposefully-designed landscape put a punctuation mark on what is important to our newly completed project.

The schoolyard renovations included...
* Increased planting which includes natural grass and additional green space
* Improved permanent seating areas
* Enhanced practice / play area with new synthetic turf field
* Application of acrylic coating in school colors to asphalt surfaces (promotes school spirit and emits less heat)
* Enhanced student gathering areas
* Improved storm water infiltration
* Planting of additional trees

Your support allowed the schools and parish to fulfill our mission: To form loving disciples who will transform the world.   

We are still seeking support to complete additional aspects of the schools' campus. Please click the "DONATE NOW" button to make a gift or pledge online (noting "north campus" in the comments section). To learn more about our other projects, contact our Advancement Office at (310) 394-3701 x1302.